RMIT VC MARTIN BEAN STUDENT WELCOME 2020 TRANSCRIPT
[Start of Transcript]
RMIT Vice-Chancellor Martin Bean sits and talks directly into camera:
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
Womin Djeka! Welcome to RMIT 2020 everyone!
Whether this is your first RMIT experience, you're continuing your studies, or returning to take your career somewhere new, I want you to feel part of the RMIT team from day one.
Helping you shape your future is what we're all about.
The people of RMIT are here to help you make the most of your university life and that starts with being part of a strong community.
Already this year we've stood - and continue to stand - shoulder to shoulder in support of our students and staff affected by the devastating Australian bushfires.
And we will do the same as our global community responds, with the greatest care, to the Novel Coronavirus situation.
As you know, it continues to evolve and our student website will be updated regularly. If you'd prefer to talk to someone, please give RMIT Connect a call.
I ask that you be sensitive and respectful to the many ways in which members of the RMIT community are experiencing this - at home and from afar.
We're a proud community at RMIT who support each other no matter what. Led by our values, we accept nothing less than care for each other. It's something I believe we do extremely well.
As the world continues to change around us, RMIT will get you ready for life and work. And we'll support you every step of the way.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.