"I am the author of my own story." RMIT University graduate Will Barton talks about his passion for agriculture.
VISUAL: Will Barton stands smiling in front of a window. He is wearing a suit and tie and smiling as the camera moves around him.
WILL BARTON VOICEOVER: I am curious. I am focused. I am passionate. I am a problem solver.
VISUAL: Will Barton faces the camera head on.
WILL BARTON SPEAKS: My name is Will Barton and I am the author of my own story.
VISUAL: Camera pans across a country field at sunrise. There are cows and a water tower.
WILL BARTON VOICEOVER: My family is involved in agriculture and so as a kid I spent a lot of time around farms.
VISUAL: Various shots of Will walking on a farm, in a vineyard, and in a high rise office building.
WILL BARTON VOICEOVER: While the city lifestyle appealed to my wife and I, I still wanted to be involved in agribusiness. A career in property valuation, focusing on agribusiness assets, seemed like a logical fit for me. I went to RMIT because everyone I spoke to told me RMIT had the best reputation in property and valuation. When I arrived at RMIT, I had farming experience, but I lacked the technical knowledge required to take the next step professionally. Through my studies I was able to fill in all the gaps and everything came together.
VISUAL: More shots of Will walking at a farm, tractors and mechanical harvesting of nuts.
WILL BARTON VOICEOVER: I didn't know this when I arrived at RMIT, but what they teach and how they teach, gave me the foundation to enter the industry work ready with the best chance of success. My degree in property valuation is critical to where I am today.
VISUAL: Will talking with a farmer on his land intercut with Will in the city..
WILL BARTON VOICEOVER: At RMIT I took my general knowledge and passion for agriculture and turned it into a successful career. My clients vary from the family farmer to international corporations who invest in property all over the world. I wanted to be a professional in the field of property valuation. Thanks to RMIT, I am.
VISUAL: Fade to white.
TEXT ON SCREEN: RMIT logo. Find out more about RMIT’s property and valuation program. www.rmit.edu.au/property
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
Copyright © 2014 RMIT University. All rights reserved.
Conditions of use
This item is available to RMIT University staff for official RMIT educational or promotional purposes. All uses outside of official educational or promotional purposes must be used with permission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.