When you undertake a PhD or Masters by Research in Engineering at RMIT University, you get to take a look into the future through research.
Kariza Martin: Engineering PhD I RMIT University
VISUAL: RMIT Logo. Kariza is setting up for a series of compression tests to be performed on carbon fibre components.
AUDIO: Piano tinkles and the sound of a plane taking off.
KARIZA SPEAKS: Aircraft are exposed to inevitable forces of nature.
VISUAL: Carbon fibre components undertaking compression tests.
KARIZA SPEAKS: I created a patented way to strengthen the composite.
VISUAL: Kariza picks up the carbon fibre coupon and inspects the damage done by the drop tower test.
KARIZA SPEAKS: My research is sponsored by Boeing.
VISUAL: Kariza walks passed the Boeing facility in Fisherman’s Bend.
KARIZA SPEAKS: Their aim is to reduce carbon fibre delamination.
VISUAL: Kariza hands in the carbon coupon to a technician, who performs a compression test on the strength of the composite.
AUDIO: Upbeat music.
KARIZA SPEAKS: My name is Kariza Martin and I’m doing a PhD in Aerospace Engineering at RMIT.
VISUAL: In the Boeing facility, Kariza speaks with a colleague. Back at RMIT, she places her final carbon fibre coupon into an X-Ray machine to inspect the impact of her research on the strength of the composite.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Kariza Martin. PhD Student (Aerospace Engineering) at RMIT University.
VISUAL: Kariza walks through the Boeing assembly line
VISUAL: RMIT Logo. rmit.edu.au
AUDIO: Calm piano music.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.