When you undertake a PhD or Masters by Research in Engineering at RMIT University, you get to take a look into the future through research.
Sruthi Kuriakose: Engineering PhD I RMIT University
VISUAL: RMIT Logo.
AUDIO: Piano tinkles.
SRUTHI SPEAKS: Current transistors rely on bulky 3D materials.
VISUAL: Image of a rocket taking off. Sruthi is working in the laboratory on a microscope with a colleague.
SRUTHI SPEAKS: However RMIT’s new facilities allow us to operate at nano scale, creating revolutionary 2D conductors.
VISUAL: Opening a cabinet, Sruthi pulls out a little box with Black Phosphorus. She is fully covered in protective equipment as she walks through the Micro Nano Lab. Sruthi sets down a box with multiple chips. She opens it and starts cleaning one of the chips with fluid. Once the chip is clean, she sets it down on a spinning plate.
AUDIO: Dramatic orchestral music.
SRUTHI SPEAKS: My name is Sruthi Kuriakose and I’m doing a PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at RMIT.
VISUAL: Using tweezers, she transfers a chip to the microscope plate, looking at it through the eyepiece.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Sruthi Kuriakose. PhD Student (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at RMIT University.
VISUAL: Sruthi walks into the building at the RMIT City campus.
VISUAL: RMIT Logo. rmit.edu.au
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.