Discover what attracted Kae to Business Information Systems and his plans now that he's finished his studies at RMIT.
[Start of transcript]
AUDIO: Modern inspiring music.
VISUAL: Shots of KAE talking to the camera about his passion.
KAE SPEAKS: So, growing up I was very passionate about technology. I remember being in year 10 and urging my mum to get me my first MP3 player, which was the first one in Australia at the time and making my friends really jealous.
VISUAL: KAE walking around outside.
KAE SPEAKS: What attracted me to Business Information Systems was that it was half business and half technology. And given my role in sales within a technology company, I felt like it was a great cross-section of both those disciplines.
VISUAL: Interior shots of a workshop with KAE working on a laptop.
KAE SPEAKS: The best thing about working for Uber is the mission to set the world in motion and make the world a better place, a more successful place. I think Uber is a place where we live and breathe our culture, we are people first, we get along and it almost feels like a work family more than work colleagues.
VISUAL: Chatting with colleagues.
KAE SPEAKS: RMIT has set me up for great success, both in my professional and personal life. From a personal point of view, I still have some lifelong friends. On the professional front, that cross-section of Business Information Systems where I was able to learn both about business and technology has put me in good stead.
VISUAL: KAE walking through the streets.
KAE SPEAKS: The companies that I've worked for have had these grand missions, so whether that was Google, organising the world's information, or LinkedIn making professionals more successful, or Uber making it much easier for the world to travel, I strongly believe that technology plays a huge role in making the world a better place. In the first half of my career and moving forwards I think it's given me great skills to not just learn about the theory but learn how to learn and I think that is something that has always stayed with me since RMIT.
VISUAL: KAE in a Melbourne laneway and various shots as he talks to camera.
KAE SPEAKS: So, what is next for me? Growing my team at Uber and generating a lot of revenue.
VISUAL: RMIT logo.
[End of transcript]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.