RMIT University’s City, Bundoora and Brunswick campuses are open to all this Sunday, 13 August from 10am to 4pm – RMIT’s Open Day.
You can check out everything from Fashion, Education, Engineering, Photography, Business, Communication and Digital Media to Computing, Science, Justice and Legal, Sports Science, Pharmacy and Psychology... with lots of entertainment happening around the campus!
Vice-Chancellor, Martin Bean CBE, said Open Day gave people the chance to see for themselves what sets RMIT students apart.
“Our visitors will see how we engage and work with industry and how our research helps to shape the world with industry-relevant learning and job-ready graduates,” he said.
RMIT Open Day, events include:
- Fashion runway and early behind the scenes Fashion Runway rehearsals: see the work of our Fashion students on the catwalk (Brunswick)
- Photography studio live shoot: check out our studio facilities and talk to staff and students about our world-class program (City)
- Visit the Health Sciences Clinic which offers Chinese medicine, chiropractic, osteopathy and psychology treatment to the public (Bundoora)
- Computer and Information Technology: check out the cool apps and game demos (City)
- Advanced Manufacturing Precinct: witness the amazing fixed-wing and multi-rotor Unmanned Aircraft Systems, hydrogen racing car and 3D printers (City)
- Virtual radiation therapy treatment – Wearing state-of-the-art 3D goggles you can explore radiation therapy treatment and venture inside the patient to see the cancer you need to treat (Bundoora)
- Girls defying gravity: Dr Gail Iles, senior lecturer in physics will talk about her experiences as an astronaut trainer at the European Space Agency and current work at RMIT (City)
- Centre for Nanoscale BioPhotonics: researchers will demonstrate how we use light to interact with fluorescent materials and investigate biological problems (City)
- What makes a good teacher? Attend a workshop and learn some of the tips and tricks for teaching school students (Bundoora)
- Meet our RMIT Activator startups: hear about what the entrepreneurial journey is really like (City and Brunswick)
- Experience student life: Sporting facilities, clubs and societies will demonstrate what sports and activities you can participate in when you are an RMIT student (all campuses)
- Nixi Killick Pop-Up Shop: See the work of RMIT alumnus Nixi Killick whose creations have been worn by Lady Gaga and shown at Berlin Alternative Fashion week. (City)
What: RMIT Open Day
When: Sunday 13 August
Where: City campus – Swanston St and La Trobe St, Melbourne; Brunswick campus – 25 Dawson Street, Brunswick; Bundoora west campus – cnr Plenty Rd and Clements Drive, Bundoora
For general media enquiries: Deborah Sippitts, (03) 9925 3116 or 0429 588 869.