Project lead: Prof. Scott Valentine, School of Global, Urban and Social Studies
We would like to run three workshops with industry. Three are necessary because:
1) we wish to focus on different industry sectors in order to try and exploit synergies between the industry members invited,
2) we do not want to have too many participants in one session and
3) we want to tailor our CE presentations using industry specifc case studies.
We will aim to invite 15 prospective industry partners to each event. Each of the three events will be 60-90 minutes long (45-minute pitch and 45 minutes for networking). The sessions will:
1) introduce industry leaders to the organizational benefits of applied circular economy strategy, and
2) to introduce industry leaders to ARC linkage grants and how these grants can be leveraged to produce impactful circular economy initiatives with RMITresearchers that will improve resource efficiency and profitability at participating firms.
The project team consist solely of senior academics because we need to ensure the pitches are delivered effectively and that industry are exposed to the breadth of our expertise. We will involve younger researchers in the ensuing linkage projects.
The objective of the workshops is to open the door to follow up one-on-one sessions with companies where we can propose ARC Linkage grant projects. Our target is to win a minimum of three linkage grants from industry worth at least $500,000. Success in this will seed a follow-on CRC-P proposal to entrench CE as a high-profile research stream at RMIT. Already we have a dozen CE researchers involved in our rapidly emerging network.
Acknowledgement of country
RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business. - Artwork created by Louisa Bloomer