Project lead: Dr. Olga Kokshagina, VC Fellow in Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Graduate School of Business & Law
Health is recognised as one of the key strategic areas to accelerate the growth of the start-up ecosystem in Victoria and put it on the map as an international leader. The proposed project aims to bring together RMIT researchers in health, biotech, innovation, design to establish a cross-disciplinary team in health innovation. In order to do that, a pilot study with a leading European Hospital - Vall De Hebron will be conducted. The team will use the design driven framework to examine how hospital can establish a value-based healthcare system. The pilot study will be used to develop collaborative grant applications in relation to other cases at Vall D’Hebron, The European University Hospital Alliance (EUHA)* and extending this work to Australian hospitals.
Having the support of the Global Business Innovation and Biomedical and Health Innovation ECPs, this project will promote a strategic partnership between RMIT and Vall d’Hebrone.
The project will contribute to GBI ECP purpose through:
1) internal capability mapping for behavioural innovation research and design for behavioural change
2) showcasing HDR work to industry and wider audience through purposeful videos/podcasts
3) development of a collaborative research proposal for potential submission to ARC/CRC/CRC-P.
Short White Paper – currently with Vall d’Hebron for a review
1) working paper under submission to a managerial journal – on clinicians’ perspective in value-based healthcare;
2) working paper with Assoc. Prof. Gillian Vesty on costing and value-based healthcare
Acknowledgement of country
RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business. - Artwork created by Louisa Bloomer