RMIT University has partnered with Philippines Government, Commission on Higher Education (CHED) to co-fund 10 PhD Scholarships per year, for Filipino citizens to undertake their PhD at RMIT.
Scholarships cover tuition fees and living expenses. Funding from CHED has been made available as part of the CHED K-12 Transition Program and capacity building for Filipino university faculty.
RMIT University is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. RMIT is a comprehensive university that offers vocational education, undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and postgraduate research (PhD) programs, with a global and practical focus.
RMIT University website www.rmit.edu.au
- Architecture and Urban Design
- Business IT & Logistics
- Business and Law
- Economics, Finance, and Marketing
- Engineering: Aerospace, Electrical, Electronic, Materials and Mechanical
- Fashion and Textiles
- Global, Urban and Social Studies
- Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Media Studies and Communication
- Property Construction and Project Management
- Stipend (living allowance) provided by CHED of up to AU$30,000 per year of the PhD
- Return international airfare (Manila- Melbourne)
- Visa application fees
- Health insurance (OSHC)
- Tuition Scholarship for up to 4 years provided by RMIT University
Application for admission to RMIT University is online via the online system, iApply. Ensure you have pdf copies of your academic transcripts, testamurs/ awards, IELTS and English proficiency documents, research proposal and other supporting documents as you will be required to upload these to the online system. Online admissions application system is iApply.
Information about how to apply for admission to RMIT PhD Programs and find a supervisor and develop your research proposal is available on the SGR website.
Filipino University faculty and staff. The scholarship is provided to the degree seeking candidates only, and no dependents will be supported.
Each applicant must:
- Be a Filipino citizen;
- Not be more than 52 years old for applicants to master’s degree programs, not more than 52 years old for applicants to doctoral degree programs;
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree (for applicants to master’s degree programs) or a master’s degree (for applicants to doctoral degree programs) relevant to the graduate degree being sought;
- Have a record of academic excellence, and show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement in teaching and/or administration;
- Be in good health and of good moral character;
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL and/or IELTS results may be required for some host institutions).
- Be committed to return to their Filipino home institution after completion of the PhD.
- Meet the admissions requirements for RMIT PhD programs as outlined on the RMIT website and linked below.
- Additional information is available on the CHED google site.
Shortlisted applicants must submit electronic and hard copies of the following documents for scholarship selection to CHED.
- Curriculum Vitae (CHED Template)
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Reference signed by the Dean or Department Head and duly noted by the University President
- Re-entry Action Plan
- Notarized Return Service Agreement duly signed by the University President
- Study Plan
- Medical Certificate
- RMIT PhD program Offer Letter
Template documents can be located and downloaded in the CHED K-12 Wordpress website.
Electronic copies should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy documents should be sent to:
G/F K TO 12 TRANSITION PMU Office
Attn: Scholarships for Graduate Studies Abroad
Commission on Higher Education
Higher Education Development Center
CP Garcia Avenue, UP Diliman, Quezon City 1101. Philippines
School of Graduate Research
The School of Graduate Research (SGR) provides leadership and support for RMIT's research training community, empowering PhD candidates to achieve their research goals.