GBI Seminar Series Presents: A link between maritime connectivity, port competitiveness and economic growth
Come and hear visiting Assoc. Prof. Naima Saeed from University of Agder, Norway, talk about her current research, which is focused on port competition and cooperation, maritime connectivity, and measures to improve ports' efficiency.Register
Global Business Innovation Conversation 1
On 4th April over 80 representatives of academia and industry gathered at the RMIT Activator to attend the first Global Business Innovation Conversations (GBIC) event for 2019. The GBI ECP brought together a panel of experts from across the health sector to discuss the challenges and opportunities for innovation.
The diverse audience enjoyed the panel’s discussion on the topic “A big data approach for challenges in health tech: Is health research ready to be tackled with a data driven approach?”. Big data means big opportunity, but what are the ethical implications of tapping into health data as a public resource? And are we even collecting what we need?
The event was led by Dr. Olga Kokshagina, VC Fellow in Innovation & Entrepreneurship, supported by the GBI ECP. Panel members included:
- Bronwyn Le Grice - Managing Director and CEO of Australia’s National Digital Health Initiative (ANDHealth)
- Professor Dorota Gertig - Medical Director of the National Cancer Screening Register at Telstra Health
- Prof. Renee Newman Knake - Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at RMIT
- David Stephens - Department of Health and Human Services Chief Data Officer
- Rallas Buttriss - Head of Health at DB Results
Attendants then participated in a Q&A session with the panel members, which was followed by a networking cocktail.
Global Business Innovation HDR Step-up Session
The first GBI HDR Step-up Session for 2019 took place on 16 May. HDR students from different schools in the College of Business gathered and took the opportunity to meet with Prof. Anne-Laure Mention. They discussed with her various matters related to collaboration opportunities, support activities and engagement with the GBI ECP.