The MODC consolidates existing RMIT data collections from advanced instruments and laboratories.
The project develops integration processes and quality assessment procedures, to expose significant collections at RMIT to the wider research community. Collection data is packaged with services and workflows used during creation to allow validation and reuse.
Partial funding by ANDS is gratefully acknowledged.
Benefits for academics
- Globally retrievable and citable collections from publicly funded RMIT projects, allowing academics to share research data sets and repeat research;
- Uniform meta data quality assurance and validation in collaboration with the RMIT Library;
- Assistance with capture of existing data from selected high-end instruments;
- Facilitation of repeat capture of future data from high-end instruments;
- Discipline-specific archiving and curation of data and meta data;
- Reduction and simplification of data-related research effort, allowing researchers to spend more time on research.