μTardis facilitates the rapid and consistent capture, storage and publishing of images produced by electron microscopy in a production setting.
Using μTardis, academics can initiate and control their data work-flow, including the immediate and remote viewing and analysis of images, via an online portal.
Images can be used, annotated and archived with metadata details for rapid cataloguing and publishing to the Research Data Australia website, making them more accessible to the broader research community.
Benefits for academics
- Single-point remote access to generate new images, or to access archived images
- Immediate examination, editing and annotating of images
- Secure archiving of images at a central repository
- Streamlined data management via automated ingestion from instruments and subsequent metadata creation for cataloging
- Automated publication of selected images to the Research Data Australia website for discovery and reuse by the broader research community, leading to increased citation of images.