Through RMIT’s Advanced Manufacturing Precinct, our staff access the latest in metal and polymer additive manufacturing systems as well as the high-end Computer Numerical Control machining centres.
Additionally, our researchers have access to RMIT's Microscopy and Microanalysis Facility (RMMF) and Micro Nano Research Facility (MNRF) for material characterization and analysis.
Accessible equipment includes:
- TRUMPF Trulaser cell 7020 5-axis laser machining centre:
- SLM solutions 250HL and 125 HL
- Fortus 900
- Objet 350
- Projet 7000
- OKUMA MU-500Vll-L Multitasking 5-axis Vertical Machining Centres
- OKUMA Multus- Six axis CNC machining Centre
- X-ray CT system (GE v/tome/xS)