CMIFF brings together senior researchers in material technology, design and enterprise to research, develop and apply design and materials innovation to address real-world problems.
Research centre clusters
The Centre operates through six connected clusters:
- Producing fashion – solutions to how fashion is designed, produced, consumed and communicated
- Smart materials – wearable technologies
- Advanced materials and technologies – protection for defence
- Human ecology and functional apparel – sports and human performance technologies
- Materials interplay – materials as a site for cultural engagement and design innovation
- Fashion and textiles activator – a dynamic platform where the School of Fashion and Textiles, the RMIT community and industry empower people to create ideas, bring them to life and innovate existing start-ups through collaboration, advice and knowledge.