The influence of clients in driving improvement through construction procurement and project management practices.
The Australian Research Council (Linkage Project), The Port of Melbourne Corporation, Major Projects Victoria and Metro Trains Melbourne.
The project will:
- measure the impact that the construction industry’s clients can exert over the workplace health and safety (WHS) performance of projects
- identify client actions that have a positive impact upon WHS
- help embed WHS management practices in the procurement of major infrastructure construction projects.
The research will:
- reveal the points of influence that construction clients have over WHS performance in construction projects they procure
- provide a robust evidence-base for client engagement in construction WHS
- produce clear guidelines with supporting evidence of impact for construction client organisations.
Lingard, Blismas and Wakefield.