myCareerKit is a multi-faceted careers program brought to you by RMIT’s Career Success team, designed to assist the career development of RMIT’s Equity and Welcome Scholarship recipients, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander students, SNAP students and rural, regional and remote students as they prepare for either WIL, part-time or graduate employment.
Whether you’ve already decided on your career path or are still exploring your options, with so much flexibility and different options available within this program, there is something to suit all stages of that career journey. Read on to understand what’s on offer, including the cash grant available to all participants.
The program includes:
A $300 financial grant towards either a professional development activity or the costs of preparing for interview or commencing a part-time, casual or full-time job.
In addition to the financial grant, myCareerKit includes access to:
- Two action-packed career development workshops (Wed 13th April 2-6pm online, & Thurs 14th April 9-1.30pm on campus) valued in excess of $2,000,
- Individualised career consultation/s with a qualified Career Consultant,
- Access to the Strengths Profile© to understand your own strengths and how to maximise these,
- A holistic career assessment plus 1:1 feedback using the globally recognised Morrisby Online© or DiSC© Profile online tool, as appropriate,
- Financial support to participate in WIL placement (subject to eligibility),
- Developing your personalized short-term Career Plan,
- Building career confidence and professional identity with bespoke workshops,
- Support with resume and LinkedIn development, job applications and interview techniques,
- Regular drop-in careers Q&A sessions to network with the Career Success team and student peers,
- Access to peer support and wider networks,
- Priority access to a range of ad hoc events throughout the semester.
By participating in myCareerKit, you will:
- feel more confident and have a better understanding of the career management skills that you need to succeed,
- obtain relevant information and strategies to assist with your career decisions & goals,
- be able to identify & communicate your strengths and capabilities to potential employers,
- AND receive some cash to help you on your way to career success.