Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
The Ngarara Willim Centre provides services and facilities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to support and encourage you throughout your studies.
Get advice on accommodation options, moving tips, renter’s guidance and help with dispute resolution with housemates, landlords or agents.
Computer and room bookings
Get advice on registering with RMIT for disability support, planning for any adjustments for your study and assessment, and access to assistive technology.
- Make an appointment with an Equitable Adjustment Advisor
- Learn more about Equitable Learning Services (ELS)
Higher Degrees by Research
Get advice on all aspects of your research candidature.
- Additional assistance when you need it
- Managing your candidature – advice for candidates from enrolment to graduation
- Higher degrees by research policy documents
- Higher degrees by research contacts in schools and colleges
- PhD UP – training workshops to enrich your candidature
- International collaborations – information on joint PhDs and international partners for global experience
Money advice and welfare assistance
Get advice on budgeting and taking control of debt. Learn about RMIT student loans and what’s available in financial emergencies.
Please log a facility service request if you have noticed an issue with building facilies such as heating and air conditioning, escalators, cleaning (flooding, spills), plumbing, electrical services, fire services or pest control.
Note: If you get caught in a lift, please activate the emergency button.
Safer Community provides support and advice to students concerned about threatening or inappropriate behaviour.
If you are feeling unsafe, maybe you’re not sure what to do or what you can do, you can talk to us about your concerns and options.
Emergencies: Safer Community is not an emergency service. If you or others feel at risk or consider the situation to be an emergency, call the Police or an ambulance on 000.
If you are concerned on campus, alert Campus Safety and Security on 992 53333.
Student support advice
Get assistance with your studies at the Study and Learning Centre, which offers drop-in support and workshops in maths and physics, writing, IT basics and other study skills.