Ukulele classes - beginners
Easy to play, easy to learn and easy to transport, the Ukulele sounds great and is the perfect instrument to begin songwriting and singing along with your friends.
The ukulele is an excellent instrument for anyone, who doesn't already play an instrument, to build their musical muscles.
Join one of our fun free ukulele classes at the city campus, available to all RMIT students. You will learn the basics of playing the ukulele - including chords, songs and how to tune your ukulele.
How it all works:
12.00pm - 12.30pm: Intro classes for first time players who have never played a ukulele before.
12.30pm - 1.30pm: Beginners ukulele classes where you will expand upon your skills, play songs and build on your repertoire of chords and techniques. If you have attended an intro class before you are welcome to come at 12.30 and skip the 12pm intro class.
Ukuleles will not be provided, however, you can purchase one at the RMIT Campus Store (Building 12, level 4) at a heavily subsidised price. You can then pick up your ukulele on the first day of class.
Semester 2 Class Dates:
- Tuesday 30 July 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 6 August 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 13 August 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 20 August 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 27 August 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 3 September - NO CLASS
- Tuesday 10 September 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 17 September 12.00pm - 1.30pm
- Tuesday 24 September 12.00pm - 1.30pm