Ernest William Capp Scholarship
For diploma and degree students who can demonstrate financial and educational disadvantage; worth up to $1000
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be enrolled full-time at RMIT in the standard semester 1 and 2 in a diploma or degree program in 2019
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage such as:
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have relocated/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school.
- be able to demonstrate outstanding potential and ambition, academic or otherwise
- have at least one year of your program left to complete
- not have completed the same level of program or higher, e.g. if you plan to study a Bachelor of Architectural Design, you should not have previously completed another bachelor degree.
Postgraduate students are ineligible for this scholarship.
Applications can be submitted direct to RMIT or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) however, it is preferred that you apply direct to RMIT for this scholarship.
Direct to RMIT applications
The link to the application form will be provided here once applications open.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Apply online through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website (www.vtac.edu.au).
Before you begin your application, please visit Supporting Your Application for more information about supporting your application with evidence, providing referee letters and answering application questions.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2019. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.