Jacques Nasser Rural and Regional Scholarship
For Bachelor of Business students who have relocated from a rural/regional area; worth $10,000 per year
The scholarship provides $10,000 per year, for the standard duration of your program.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- be enrolled full-time in a Bachelor of Business program in standard semester 1 and 2 in 2019
- have relocated from a rural/regional area to study at RMIT
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or higher
Any financial and/or educational disadvantage will also be taken into consideration.
The link to the application form will be provided here once applications open.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will need:
- Proof of your rural/regional address (i.e. a copy of your driver’s license, a bank statement, a Health Care Card)
- Proof of your Melbourne address (i.e. a copy of a rental agreement, utility bill)
- A copy of your valid Health Care Card or most recent Centrelink income statement (if applicable)
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2019. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.