RG Kayler-Thomson Memorial Scholarship
For mechanical engineering students who have completed MIET2421 and MIET2422; worth $6500 per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in 2019 in either:
- your third year of the
- your fourth year of the
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Business (Management) (BH089),
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) (BH090)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)(Honours)/Bachelor of Industrial Design (Honours) (BH093)
- have completed Applied Thermodynamics (MIET2421) and Fluid Mechanics of Mechanical Systems (MIET2422) with a grade of distinction or higher in both courses
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or greater
- have two years of full-time study left to complete
- undertake the Applied Heat and Mass Transfer course and a project in the thermofluids field in your final year (your second year of payments is dependent upon these enrolments and satisfactory academic performance).
The online application form will be made available here when applications open.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will also need:
- The contact information (name, organisation and contact number) for two referees
- A copy of your academic transcript (if applicable) if you studied at an institution other than RMIT in 2018
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Describe your two best academic achievements or learning experiences in your current program?
- Are there any difficult circumstances that prevent you from reaching your educational potential?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2019. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.