Professor Robert and Josephine Shanks Undergraduate Scholarship
For students entering their honours year in science, engineering or technology; worth up to $7000
The scholarship provides $7000 for one year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be entering your honours year at RMIT in semester 1 2019
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in the field of science, engineering or technology
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 3.0 or higher
- be intending to continue your education with a research degree the following year
The link to the application form will be provided here once applications open.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe your academic performance, in particular discuss any achievements or significant academic results?
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- Describe your intended Honours thesis project.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
This scholarship is made possible by the generous donation from Professor Robert and Josephine Shanks. Robert and Josephine are RMIT alumni and are committed to encouraging Australians to enter into academic research. The scholarship aims to provide support to students undertaking their honours year in the fields of science, engineering or technology.
Alongside this scholarship, they have supported a scholarship since 2009 which aims to attract the very best quality PhD researchers to science, engineering or technology at RMIT University.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2019. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.