Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
For students commencing a technology-related degree in 2019; worth $5000
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be aged 26 or under as of 1 January 2019
- be commencing full time study in the standard semester 1 and 2 in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Business (Information Systems) (BP308)
- Bachelor of Business (Information Systems) (Applied) (BP138)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BP094)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Network Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Computer Science (BH091)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Computer Science (BH094)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BP162)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Games and Graphics Programming) (BP215)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (BP096)
- Bachelor of Technology (Computing Studies) (BP232)
- have completed Year 12 (or equivalent) in Australia within the past two years ( 2017 or 2018) with an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of at least 65,
- be progressing from a relevant vocational education program (e.g. a diploma or advanced diploma) or secondary bridging program with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or greater
Recipients will be selected based on academic merit however applications from students who can demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage will be strongly considered.
Complete the online application by the close date. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe your academic performance, in particular discuss any achievements or significant academic results?
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and aspirations in the computer science, information technology or software engineering industry?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
The Westpac Bicentennial Foundation is a scholarship fund with an exclusive focus on the education and advancement of Australians. A one-off contribution of $100 million will fund 100 scholarships and awards annually in perpetuity to Australians from all walks of life who have the potential to shape Australia’s future.
The Foundation was launched as a gift to future generations of Australians to commemorate Westpac’s 200th anniversary in 2017.
For Australia to realise its full potential in the technology space we must invest in tomorrow’s leaders today. With the digital economy now touching every aspect of our lives, world-class technology skills are vital to leverage the opportunities in this rapidly changing market.
The Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Young Technologists Program aims to strengthen Australia’s pool of local talent, building a cohort of technology-literate future leaders. Importantly, the scholarships also aim to address the current lack of gender balance and diversity in technology graduates.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2019. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.