Because She Can
Female-friendly ways for students and staff to get active!
A major part of not trying new activities or getting involved in sport is the fear of being judged, or not being fit enough to start. At RMIT we want to get women moving in a safe, inclusive and fun way.
As part of our Social Sport Program open to both staff and students, we are providing the women of RMIT free opportunities throughout the semester to do just that. No matter your skill level or experience, we’re encouraging you to give it a go #becauseshecan.
Inspired by the #ThisGirlCan - Victoria campaign, with so many different options available, we want the women of RMIT to embrace physical activity in a way that suits them.
"Honestly, I couldn't imagine my Uni life without the Redbacks. I've made 20 new best friends, just from RMIT Sport."
Meet Sarah McCabe, RMIT University Redbacks Netball player and team manager.
How else might I get involved?
- Join a Social League (Netball and Futsal launching soon)
- Join our Women's Football Academy/Club
- Join a Sport Club
- Represent RMIT against other universities at UniSport Nationals (Students Only)
- Get a Gym membership at one of our campus facilities
- Go on a Trip or Tour (Students Only)
- Support our initiatives - get involved by helping (non active)
- Work or Volunteer with RMIT Sport
- Join the RMIT Redbacks Community