SYN is a youth-run media organisation based on RMIT’s City Campus that provides opportunities for young people aged 12-25.
As an RMIT student, SYN offers you:
- Training and experience in radio and television broadcasting.
- Membership at a reduced rate.
- Volunteering opportunities in media-making, web content and behind-the-scenes.
Tune in to 90.7 FM in Melbourne to hear SYN’s radio programs (also available via streaming), or Channel 31 in Melbourne and Geelong to watch their television productions.
- Access: SYN provides access for all young people to participate in its programs.
- Independence: SYN acts autonomously in the production of content.
- Participation: SYN empowers young people to take an active role in its training and programming.
- Diversity: SYN encourages and supports a range of youth perspectives, cultures and ideas.
- Innovation: SYN is creative and adaptable in its media output and operations.
Visit SYN or drop-in to the House of SYN at16 Cardigan St, Carlton between 10am
and 6pm weekdays for more information.