Apprentice and trainee enrolment guide
When you enrol, RMIT provides you with a free student email account powered by Google.
Accessing your account
The easiest way to access your account is via the link in myRMIT.
You can also log in directly to Gmail using:
- Username: This is your student number followed by @student.rmit.edu.au. For example: email@example.com
- Password: This is the same password that you used for myRMIT.
Don’t check Stay signed in when accessing from a public or shared computer.
You need to have an Australian mailing address before submitting your photo.
24 hours after enrolling, you can upload a photo for your student card:
- Log in to myRMIT and select the myServices tab
- Select Click to capture photo.
When your photo is approved, we will send an email to your RMIT student email account. Your student card will then be mailed to you within 8-10 business days. Student cards will only be sent to Australian mailing addresses.
How to update your mailing address
- Go to myRMIT and select the myDetails tab.
Have you undertaken previous study, or do have experience that relates to your RMIT program? If so, you may be eligible to apply for credit or recognition of prior learning (RPL) at RMIT.
If you haven’t applied for credit or RPL yet, it’s important that you apply as soon as possible after you enrol so that your enrolment is updated before your first class.
RMIT will send your tax invoice to your RMIT student email account. A copy will also be made available in your student record in Enrolment Online.
The invoice will list your charges and the due date for each charge.
It is important to pay by the due date or penalties will apply and your enrolment may even be cancelled. If your employer is paying your fees, it is important that you confirm this and submit the sponsorship form before your fees are due to ensure your enrolment is not cancelled.
To access your tax invoice and pay your fees online:
- Log in to myRMIT.
- If you are using a desktop: Select Enrolment Online, my Student record and View and pay fees online.
- If you are using a mobile device: In the Menu select myFees and View and pay fees online.
Learn more about fees and payments.
Your employer will have access to the Vocational Education Employer Self Service (VEESS) which is a secure online system providing your employer access to your training records.
VEESS is unique to RMIT and enables employers to:
Review and approve your training plan.
- View when you are scheduled to attend RMIT.
- View each day’s attendance record at RMIT.
- View the progress of your training and assessment.
- Review and confirm completion of your qualification.
Get ready to study!
Find out all you need to know before you start: study tutorials, IT essentials, campus maps and more.