How to set up and run a research writing group
PhD Up program
This workshop aims to show you how to set up a writing group and demonstrate the benefits by modelling a writing group in action.
Research writing groups are groups where research candidates can:
- develop academic literacy and extend awareness of text structures
- learn techniques of peer review as well as reflection and editing skills
- share writing resources, tips and tricks
- meet other people with the same issues
- build confidence, motivation and independence
- maintain ongoing links if desired.
To confirm your attendance, email one page of your research writing (first draft) to Judy Maxwell at least two days before the workshop.
This workshop aims to show you how to set up a writing group and show you the benefits by modeling a writing-group in action.