How-to: Research writing group
PhD Up program
Learn how to set up and run a research writing group.
Research writing groups are groups where research candidates can:
- develop academic literacy and extend awareness of text structures
- learn techniques of peer review as well as reflection and editing skills
- share writing resources, tips and tricks
- meet other people with the same issues
- build confidence, motivation and independence
- maintain ongoing links if desired.
Designed for HDR candidates, this workshop aims to show you how to set up a writing group and demonstrates the benefits by modelling a writing group in action.
To confirm your attendance, email one page of your research writing (first draft) to Dr Judy Maxwell at least two days before the workshop.
This workshop aims to show you how to set up a writing group and show you the benefits by modelling a writing-group in action.
This is an interactive, face-to-face workshop, which includes group work and discussion.