Exam rules and tips
Conduct of exams at RMIT
The Conduct of supervised examinations – instructions for students supports the promotion of integrity,
Read this instruction before attending your exams for guidance on:
thetiming of exams
- reading time during exams
- responsibilities of students at exam venues
- exam timetables
- clash exams (when two or more exams are scheduled at the same time)
- exam venues
- student ID at exams
- exam rules and conduct
- emergency procedures during exams
- misconduct during exams.
Key rules and tips
- Bring your valid RMIT student card to all exams for identification. If you don’t have a valid card, please obtain a new one via the RMIT website or contact RMIT Connect if it has expired.
- Switch your mobile phone off and place it under your desk (not in your pocket).
- Bags are permitted in the exam venues but will be subject to inspection upon entry.
- Wear suitable, comfortable clothing.
- Hot drinks are not permitted in exam venues.
- Only non-carbonated water in a clear plastic bottle is permitted in the venue.
- Make sure you bring all permitted materials needed for your exam, e.g. calculator, as these are not provided or available for loan.
- Only the exam materials relating to the exam you are sitting are permitted to be on your exam desk.