Melbourne Showgrounds exam venue
Getting to your exams
- Extra trains will run to and from Melbourne Showgrounds during exams. Details on the PTV website.
- Note: No trains run directly to or from the Showgrounds on Thursday 7 November due to Oaks Day at Flemington Racecourse.
- Route 57 from Elizabeth Street to West Maribyrnong every exam day. Get off at Stop 32 Sandown Rd/Espom Rd outside the Showgrounds Village complex.
- Note: Stop 33 on Union Rd is closed during the exam period.
- Bus 472 departs Footscray Station and stops close to the Showgrounds.
The Melbourne Showgrounds parking fee is a flat rate of $10 per day. Payment must be made in cash at the gate. There’s no free parking for RMIT students attending exams. Enter the car park from Leonard Crescent.
Drop off zone
A designated safe ‘drop off zone’ is located at Gate 4 on Langs Road.
All pedestrian access to Melbourne Showgrounds is via Gate 1 on Epsom Road (main entry) and Gate 4 on Langs Road.
At the venue
The Customer Service booth is open from 8:00am - 3:00pm during the exam period. Customer service staff can help you with general exam queries and directions. Also, if you forget to bring your RMIT student card on the day, visit Customer Service for instructions.
Study space and bag drop
A designated space for studying is available in Building 4, adjacent to the Showgrounds train station.
A bag drop area is also available within this building. The University does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage of items left in the bag drop area.
A designated calm zone will be set up in Building 4, adjacent to the Showgrounds train station. This will be a quiet space for you relax before your exam. If you have any queries about the exam venue, please contact the exams team at email@example.com.
Food and drink
Cafes, shops and a supermarket are located in the Showgrounds Village complex just outside the Melbourne Showgrounds.
A small number of food vendors are located on site. Free drinking taps are available outside the exam venue at the back of Building 3.
A prayer room is located at the rear of the Royal Block (Building 5), map reference O4. Ask at the RMIT Customer Service desk for directions.