Melbourne Showgrounds exam venue
Semester 1 2020 exams
Following the Victorian Government's mandate to shut down all non-essential activity in response to COVID-19, no face-to-face exams will be held in Semester 1 2020. Your course coordinator will update you on alternative assessments.
For more information check out the Coronavirus Faqs page.
Getting to your exams
- Extra trains will run to and from Melbourne Showgrounds during exams. Details on the PTV website.
- Route 57 from Elizabeth Street to West Maribyrnong every exam day. Get off at Stop 32 Sandown Rd/Epsom Rd outside the Showgrounds Village complex.
- Note: Stop 33 Union Rd is closed during the exam period.
- Bus 472 departs Footscray Station and stops close to the Showgrounds.
The Melbourne Showgrounds parking fee is a flat rate of $15 per day. Payment must be made in cash at the gate. There’s no free parking for RMIT students attending exams. Enter the car park from Leonard Crescent.
Drop off zone
A designated safe ‘drop off zone’ is located at Gate 4 on Langs Road.
All pedestrian access to Melbourne Showgrounds is via Gate 1 on Epsom Road (main entry) and Gate 4 on Langs Road.
At the venue
Building 4 (map reference O6) includes the following spaces for students:
- Customer Service – open 8am-3pm on exam days.
- Study spaces
- Calm Zone – a quiet space for you to relax before your exam.
- Bag drop area*
*RMIT University does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage of items left in bag drop area.
Food and drink
Cafes, shops and a supermarket are located in the Showgrounds Village complex just outside the Melbourne Showgrounds.
A small number of food vendors are located on-site. Free drinking taps are available around the exam venue.
Building 1 - Exhibition Pavilion
Building 1 (map reference Q5) is the exam hall for most students.
Building 8 - Town Square Pavilion
Building 8 (map reference J2) is the exam hall for students with Equitable Assessment Arrangements (EAAs).
Building 8 is located away from the rest of the exam venue. From the Gate 1 pedestrian entry, Showgrounds train station or Building 4 student area, allow an additional 10 minutes to walk over to Building 8.
A car park for EAA students only is available nearby at Gate 5.
There is also a drop-off area and pedestrian entry nearby at Gate 4.