Melbourne Showgrounds venue details
Building 1 Exam seating plan
- The Melbourne Showgrounds Exhibition Pavilion floor plan (PDF 156kb 1p) shows the exam seating plan.
Building 3 Exam seating plan
- The EAA Venue floor plan (PDF 25kb 1p) indicating the various EAA exam and Clash venues.
You are strongly encouraged to use public transports and Public Transport Victoria has provided information for travelling to and from the Melbourne Showgrounds exam venue on its events
During the exam period, trains will depart Flinders Street Station stop at Southern Cross and North Melbourne and then travel express to Melbourne Showgrounds.
Information about train departure times is available from the PTV events
Additional services will operate on Route 57 from Elizabeth Street to West Maribyrnong every exam day. Trams stop at the main entrance, Gate 1 Melbourne Showgrounds.
No additional services will operate.
From Footscray Station, you can catch the following bus that travels close to the Showgrounds:
Bus No. 472 (Williamstown to Moonee Ponds via Footscray.)
For more information visit the Public Transport Victoria website.
PTV website tips
- Check the PTV events
webpagefor RMIT University exam specific information.
- Regularly check the Live travel updates
webpagefor information about service changes.
- Utilise the PTV Journey
- Download the free PTV mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- For accessibility information and assistance, see Accessible transport.
- Make sure your Myki is topped up prior to travelling.
- Telephone the PTV call centre on 1800 800 007 (from 6 am to 12 midnight daily) if you have any enquiries or for special assistance.
The Melbourne Showgrounds parking fee is a flat rate of $10 per day. Payment must be made in cash at the gate. There is no free parking for RMIT students attending exams. Entry to the car park is via Leonard Crescent.
All pedestrian access to Melbourne Showgrounds is via Gate 4 located on Langs Road.
Drop off zone
A designated safe ‘drop off zone’ is located at Gate 4 on Langs Road.
Melbourne Showgrounds has a prayer room located at the Commentary box, map reference M2. Enquiries can be made at the RMIT Customer Service desk. Refer to the Melbourne Showgrounds map (PDF 111KB 1p).
- Study space
A designated space for studying is available in Building 4 (adjacent to the Showgrounds train station).