Form name / action Instructions

If you wish to defer you must do so before the relevant census date

You can defer online by logging in to myRMIT and selecting the Enrolment Online link. If you are eligible to defer, under My current program select the Defer studies button next to the program that you wish to defer. If you have successfully deferred online you will receive immediate confirmation of this in Enrolment Online. You will later be sent a hard copy letter confirming this for your records.


If you are already enrolled you cannot defer and should apply for a leave of absence.

Application for late enrolment (continuing onshore HE students only) (PDF 136KB 2p)

This form is for continuing higher education students who have failed to enrol by the enrolment deadline. If you receive permission to enrol late you will incur a late enrolment fee and will need to follow the late enrolment process.

Enrolment variation form (PDF 132kb 2p)

Before completing an Enrolment variation form (also available from RMIT Connect), you should consult your program coordinator or head of school (or nominee).
To request permission to add a class after the ‘last day to add’, follow the steps to change your enrolment. Most students can apply for permission to add classes via Enrolment Online instead of using this form.

Program cancellation

If you want to withdraw completely from your program, you must cancel your program enrolment.
Most students (excluding students under the age of 18, OUA, RMIT Vietnam and students at partners outside Australia) can cancel their program online.
Learn more about cancelling your enrolment in a program including how to submit your cancellation.

Application for leave of absence (PDF 168kb 3p)

If you want to take a break from study, you can apply for leave of absence.
Most students (excluding research students and students studying at partners outside Australia) can apply online for a leave of absence.
Learn more about the leave of absence including how to apply.

Evidence of student eligibility and student declaration

If you are a vocational education student enrolling in a government subsidised place under the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG), you are required to prove your eligibility.

Application for approval of non-standard enrolment (Higher Education)

Complete this form if you wish to apply to undertake alternative courses not listed in your current RMIT program structure, either at RMIT or at another Australian institution.

The main types of non-standard enrolment are:

  • other RMIT studies (i.e. substituting a different RMIT course that is not part of your standard program structure)
  • cross institutional outbound (i.e. completing a course at another Australian institution)
  • on-campus to online (i.e. completing an RMIT course/unit offered via OUA).

Submit your application via RMIT Connect.