Useful resources during your candidature
Training and development
- The PhD Up! program provides great training and development opportunities for Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) candidates.
- The Study and Learning Centre provides free learning and academic development advice as well as specialised support for our HDR Candidates.
- Your Liaison Librarian can assist you with information while conduction your research.
- The Library offers services, courses and workshops to assist you throughout your candidature.
- A specialised statistical support service is also available to help with designing your study and analysing data.
Grants and scholarship opportunities
HDR scholarships and grant opportunities, such as the HDR travel grant and the HDR publications grant can help you with access to conferences, field work, etc.
Online training and resources
- The Learning Lab provides HDR online resources via podcasts, online tutorials, checklists and modules.
- e-Grad School provides HDR candidates with access to further academic enrichment services online.
- IT resources are available for researchers and students.
RMIT student services
Student Services provide a range of free and confidential services including counselling, financial and legal advice to help you to succeed and maintain your wellbeing.
Policies and procedures
There are a number of HDR policies and processes that apply to higher degrees by research candidates which you must familiarise yourself with. You will find to links to specific policies and procedures throughout the research candidates web pages to assist you with finding the relevant information for your situation.
Information for candidates with families
A variety of services and support are available for candidates who have childcare responsibilities.