PhD Scholarship in Economics, Finance and Marketing
Value and duration
$32,000 stipend per year (+ fee waiver) over the duration of three years
Number of scholarships available
Up to three
- a Masters by research; or
- a Masters by coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent; or
- a Honours degree achieving first class honours; and
- meet RMIT’s entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
How to apply
Apply for a PhD program starting in 2020 at RMIT using the following link:
Email the following to HDR coordinator EFM: A/Prof Peter Sivey firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A detailed CV
- Copies of any published or submitted papers where applicable.
- A research proposal outlining a synthesis of relevant literature, proposed research design, and analytical techniques. This proposal should showcase your skills in written communication, application of appropriate research methodologies and conceptual development.
- Evidence of research output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the field of Economics, Finance or Marketing.
- Ability to effectively liaise with industry and government to produce high-impact research.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team environment, including the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues, project team leaders, and industry partners.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
1 November 2019 (outcomes expected mid December)
Terms and conditions
RMIT's standard HDR Scholarship Terms and Conditions will apply to these scholarships. However note the allowances for this scholarship are specifically $32,000 (plus fee waiver) per year for up to three years and the additional allowances stated in the HDR Scholarship Terms and Conditions are not applicable.
- Conduct a review of relevant literature on a research topic in Economics, Finance or Marketing.
- Present a conceptual framework that underpins the synthesised research questions and/or hypotheses in this project.
- Design studies to answer research questions
- Analyse data and write-up results in a PhD thesis-with-publication format.
- Disseminate findings by actively pursuing journal publications, attending conferences, engaging with media, and approaching government or industry organisations who have an interest in this research topic.
- Contribute to securing funding for research.
- Conduct a PhD research project that contributes to the overarching research undertaken at the school of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
- Collaborate with supervisors.
- Attend School of Economics, Finance, and Marketing and College of Business workshops, seminars, HDR conference, professional development, and social events as evidenced in the meeting logs.
- Actively pursue journal publications together with the supervisory team as evidenced by drafting and submissions and/or publications.
Successfully pass yearly milestone reviews of the work presented in the College of Business HDR conferences and complete appropriate coursework.
A/Prof Peter Sivey, email@example.com, +61 3 9925 1321