For urgent crisis support call 

9925 5000 Business hours

1300 305 737  After hours


Support and counselling

Your rights and responsibilities

RMIT has policies and processes detailing your rights and responsibilities in the following areas:

Contact RMIT University Student Union if you are still not sure about your student rights.

Complaints and concerns

If you have a concern or issue with academic, administrative or support services, RMIT has a complaints policy and process with defined steps to take to resolve your complaint.

If you would like help with this process, please email or visit the School of Graduate Research (SGR).

Research integrity

If you have a question or concern about carrying out your research, you can speak to a Research Integrity Advisor (RIA). RIAs are experienced RMIT researchers who provide impartial advice about how to navigate the complex issues that can arise during your candidature.

An RIA should be your first port of call if you feel that something in relation to research doesn’t feel right.

The role of RIAs is to explain:

  • the responsible conduct of research
  • the policies, processes and other instruments that affect research, and
  • how the University resolves concerns or complaints about research.

RIAs do provide advice, but cannot act on your behalf or attempt to actively resolve any concern or dispute. Find out more and contact your school's RIA.