Become a Mates at RMIT team leader
Applications for 2019 Mates Team Leaders have now closed; however, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you would like to be considered for 2020 Semester 1 opportunities.
Become a Mates at RMIT team leader and build skills that can add value to your future employment prospects. You have the opportunity to gain a Future Edge certificate with transcript recognition once completing the program. This leadership role will give you the opportunity to build employable skills in:
- leading and managing a team
- event and project management
- professional writing
- conflict resolution.
The key responsibilities of a team leader will be to:
- provide support and guidance to a small group of mentors
- assist the team with organising engaging Mates meet up events
- communicate and meet with their team of mentors regularly
- keep the Mates at RMIT staff updated with their progress.
To qualify as a team leader (volunteer), you must:
- be a current student studying at RMIT in Semester 2 2019
- have participated in the Mates at RMIT program, or another RMIT mentoring program
- demonstrate excellent speaking, writing, and listening skills
- be available to attend compulsory training (Semester 2 TBA).
Any questions, please email the Mates at RMIT Team email@example.com.