Preparing for drop-in
If you want to discuss a written assignment, you should first:
- clarify what is required with your lecturer/tutor if you don’t understand the task
- ensure you bring the assignment question/guidelines and a hard copy of your work
- identify the main areas you are having problems with
- check out the Learning Lab's essay or report writing online resources to see if you are on track.
The language and learning advisor
- help you understand the task
- help you to plan how you will approach the assignment
- give feedback on your writing*
- discuss strategies for improvement and refer you to resources
- assist you to develop effective and critical reading skills
- discuss structural aspects of your writing with you.
*Please note: we are unable to proofread your assignment or thesis.