Many students are daunted by their first experience of living away from home and find the transition into a new city or country easier if they don’t have to adjust to independent living upon arrival.
Homestay or “full board” accommodation is a good choice if you want to experience living in an Australian home, reduce set-up costs and improve your English. It provides student with a family-like environment with utility costs included. Families (or sometimes a couple or single person) offer you a room in their home as well as all your meals. All homestay accommodation is thoroughly screened to ensure it is a suitable living environment for student.
Booking your homestay
RMIT International works with Student Accommodation Services Pty Ltd (SAS) to provide students with homestay placement services
- Once you have accepted your offer, received your student visa and booked your flight to Melbourne, you can make an online homestay request with SAS.
- SAS must receive your homestay request at least 10 working days prior to your arrival in Melbourne.
- You must stay at least four weeks at the homestay.
Book your homestay with SAS.
A homestay placement fee AU$280 must be paid when you apply for homestay.
Please use RMIT University online payments to pay the homestay placement fee.
- Enter your student number, starting with 3 (without S).
- In ‘Payment ‘type drop box, select ‘Homestay Placement Fee’.
- Once the payment is approved, email the web payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the homestay placement fee is paid with program tuition fee, please forward a copy of the telegraphic transfer receipt to email@example.com.
Places to look for homestay accommodation include:
Student Accommodation Services
Tel: +61 3 9485 1900 Mobile: 0413 754 267
Australian Homestay Network
Tel:+61 3 9435 6621
Tel: +61 3 9574 7473 Mobile: 0408 659 922
Homestay Direct Services
Tel: +61 3 9563 9931 Mobile: 0404 907 423