Travel by car
General car parking is available on both campuses for both staff and students. Information is available online at Parking at Bundoora campus.
Tram service no. 86 runs from Docklands (via Bourke Street in the city) to RMIT Bundoora. The tram route passes through Fitzroy, Clifton Hill, Northcote, Thornbury and Preston via High Street, and then along Plenty Road to Kingsbury and Bundoora.
Take the South Morang or Hurstbridge train lines to the Thomastown, Lalor, Epping or Greensborough train stations. There are direct bus services from these stations to RMIT Bundoora.
Bus services run direct from Greensborough, South Morang, Whittlesea and Northland Shopping Centre to RMIT Bundoora.
Suburb proximity to Bundoora campus
Bundoora and Mill Park
- Close proximity to campus – often within walking distance or quick bus or tram ride.
- Serviced by tram route 86 and bus no. 564, 570 and 572.
- There are very few private hostels or student apartment complexes located in these areas; however most other housing options are available.
Less than 8 kilometres
South Morang, Doreen, Lorimer, Whittlesea, Epping, Thomastown, Lalor, Watsonia, Greensborough, Macleod, Rosanna, Heidelberg, Ivanhoe
- Distance to campus 2–8 kilometres or 15–30 minutes travel on public transport.
- Serviced by bus no. 562, 563, 564, 566 and 570.
Less than 12 kilometres
Kingsbury, Reservoir, Preston, Thornbury, Croxton, Northcote, Fairfield
- These suburbs are along the no. 86 tram route, about halfway between the CBD and Bundoora.
- Distance from campus 10–12 kilometres. Travel time to campus is approximately 20–35 minutes on public transport.
- Serviced by tram route 86 and bus no. 563.