Be the change
Sexual harm exists in our community - even if you haven't experienced it yourself.
Tell us below how you'd commit to being the change you'd want to see in the world.
Be the change - Commitment form
Choose one statement that reflects your values, that you can commit to, or feel free to come up with your own statement!
- I commit to setting an example of respectful behaviour
- I commit to listening
- I commit to always believing you
- I commit to calling out sexist jokes
- I commit to asking you if you're ok
- I commit to being open minded
- I commit to including you
- I commit to showing I don’t think it’s ok
- I commit to not laughing along
- I commit to supporting you if you speak out
- I commit to acknowledging what’s happened
- I commit to speaking out against disrespectful behaviour
- I commit to focussing on the behaviour, not the person
- I commit to taking criticism on board
- I commit to learning from you
- I commit to never blaming the victim
- I commit to treating women and men equally
- I commit to completing the staff e-module on responding to disclosures
These statements were taken from Our Watch, an organisation for preventing violence against women and children. Read more about what you can do to prevent violence.
Other student and staff commitments
I commit to speaking out in all-male spaces.
I commit to standing with my LGBTI friends and creating an environment where we are all accepted and valued in our society.
I commit to listening and taking criticism on board.
I commit to calling out people around me, even when it's uncomfortable to do the right thing.