Some people will make lifelong friendships at university, have a significant romantic relationship or learn more about their sexuality. While relationships enhance our life experiences they can also cause serious disruption especially to study.
Some challenges in relationships
Sometimes we can have challenges in relationships like:
- conflict in our important relationships
- feeling that you should be over a relationship but you are not and spending time worrying or feeling distressed
- having trouble making friends and feeling isolated and lonely
- be in a cross cultural relationship which causes personal or family upset
- patterns and behaviours in relationships that may be hurting you or others
- when questions about intimacy or expectations is causing distress.
For more information about having healthy relationships go to Reach Out.
RMIT University is proud of it diverse student population
If you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, intersex or you are questioning your sexuality, then the RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) Queer Department provides a number of opportunities for social networking and advocacy.