RMIT Student Hardship Assistance

If you are experiencing unexpected financial difficulty, which is affecting your ability to study, you may be eligible for the RMIT Student Hardship Assistance.

Hardship assistance can be used for urgent, short-term needs. This funding is provided only where you can demonstrate that one-off assistance will support your studies and that your current financial circumstances are not typical.

Hardship assistance cannot be used to pay for:

  • tuition fees
  • the Student Services Amenities Fee
  • fines
  • credit card debts, or
  • for recreational travel.

For more information contact a Student Support Advisor at RMIT Connect.

This service is supported by your Student Services and Amenities Fee.

Housing bond loans

You can use a housing bond loan to pay your rental bond. These loans are offered through the Department of Human Services’ Bond Loan Scheme.

Centrelink Advance Payments

You can get a Centrelink advance payment if you:

  • have been receiving Centrelink payments for at least 3 months
  • do not have an outstanding Centrelink debt
  • have not had an Advance Payment within the last 12 months.

Community Services

For a comprehensive list of community services in your area, including; material aid, accommodation, legal, finance and health, visit Infoxchange.