Introductory Academic Program (IAP)
Who will I meet from RMIT during the IAP?
The IAP at RMIT is delivered by the Study and Learning Centre in collaboration with other areas of Student Services including:
- Global Student Recruitment
- RMIT Connect and Student Life
- Student Wellbeing and Commerical Services
- Careers and Employability
- University Library and Student Success
- RMIT Student Union.
The IAP covers the following areas:
- orientation to RMIT and its academic environment
- adapting to a new environment
- accommodation and lifestyle
- living costs and budgeting
- health and welfare information
- social and cultural activities
- information on legal requirements and relevant state laws
- academic information and skills such as:
- institution expectations and study requirements
- guided learning of study skills
- access to basic computing and information technology skills where required
- general skills including critical analysis, research skills and academic writing.