Air Pilots Scholarship
For Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation) students; worth $3000
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled full-time in your second or third year in semester 1 and 2 2020 in the Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation) (BP070)
- have completed no less than 96 credit points (for second year students) and no less than 192 credit points (for third year students)
- be a student pilot, completing either a licence or endorsement prior to flying commercially
- be able to demonstrate intent to continue commercial pilot training and have consistently demonstrated the highest qualities of airpersonship, leadership and respect for peers
Note Selection is based on meeting the eligibility criteria, any financial/educational hardship you may be experiencing, and your academic performance.
The online application form will be made available here when applications open. No late or partial applications will be accepted.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe your academic performance and any relevant industry experience; in particular discuss any achievements or significant results?
- Describe your engagement and commitment to community participation, i.e. volunteering, club memberships, industry activities.
- Provide an example of when you have demonstrated leadership potential in your working and/or personal life.
- Discuss your personal attributes, i.e. persistence, assertiveness, communication, respect for peers, teamwork, organisation, decision-making.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how it will assist you to achieve academic success?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
The Australian Federation of Air Pilots (AFAP) is a professional association and industrial organisation representing commercial pilots in Australia. Australian Federation of Air Pilots representation covers pilot members in industrial, technical and operational matters in the Australian commercial aviation industry.
The Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund (entity name Austair Pilots Pty Ltd) (MBF) is Australia’s premier provider of loss of licence protection for commercial pilots. The Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund provides financial support to pilots and their families throughout the most difficult time in their careers.
The Federation and the Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund have a proud history of supporting aviation education through a university scholarship program in co-operation with a number of academic aviation institutions in Australia. Together AFAP and MBF would like to extend this program to RMIT, by offering scholarships to assist aviation students in their pursuit of becoming a professional pilot.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.