Bennelong Foundation Scholarship
For accountancy, economics and finance or financial planning bachelor students; worth $10,000 per annum plus paid work
The 2020 scholarship provides $10,000 per annum and paid part-time work for up to one year with the Bennelong Foundation, commencing February 2020. The scholarship is valid for one year.
Note This scholarship is taxable as the recipient is expected to undertake paid work with the donor. We recommend that you obtain taxation advice from an accountant or the Australian Tax Office regarding scholarships.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be enrolling full-time in semester 1 and 2 in your third year in 2020 in one of the following programs:
- be available to undertake part-time work commencing February 2020 for the year with the Bennelong Foundation or its associate entities
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long-term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed secondary school at a School Network Access Program school
- be passionate about pursuing a career in their area of study
- be available to attend an interview if requested.
Note There is an opportunity to discuss with your College course credit for the work under taken.
The online application form will be made available here when applications open. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will need:
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic, dated no more than three months ago
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Describe your communications skills, creativity, innovation, initiative and/or potential leadership potential qualities?
- Why would you like to undertake part-time work with the Bennelong Foundation?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s terms and conditions.
For ongoing eligibility, recipients must:
- Pass all courses each semester for the duration of the scholarship
- Not take a leave of absence
The recipient will have paid part-time work by the Bennelong Foundation or its associated entities for the duration of the scholarship, commencing in February/March in the award year. This is expected to be 1 day per week.
The part-time work meets the criteria for the Business Internship elective (BUSM 4471).
This is a unique opportunity to intern at one of the country's most successful and award-winning investment firms, Bennelong Funds Management. Founded in 2000 by BRW rich lister and entrepreneur Jeff Chapman AM, Bennelong Funds Management has a global presence with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, London and New York. Operating as a boutique fund manager incubator, Bennelong Funds Management invests and distributes funds to institutional and private investors worldwide. Working in the corporate services team, interns will have an opportunity to gain real world corporate experience, build their networks and gain insight to the operations of a dynamic growth orientated business.
Social and corporate responsibility is core to the culture of Bennelong Funds Management and is put into practice through its alignment with its charitable arm - the Bennelong Foundation.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 January 2020. If you have not received an offer by 31 January 2020, your application has been unsuccessful.