Emily McPherson EMBA Scholarship
For students commencing the EMBA; worth 100% tuition fees paid
The scholarship is worth:
- 100% tuition-fees paid for the standard duration of full or part time studies in the EMBA program commencing in semester 2 2021
- 100% tuition fees paid for the standard duration of full or part time studies in the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) program commencing in semester 2 2021
Up to 10 scholarships will be available in semester 2 2021.
Successful EMBA recipients must maintain a GPA of no less than 2.0 for the duration of their scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a permanent humanitarian or temporary protection visa
- satisfy the entry criteria for the RMIT
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) (MC162) program; or
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) (GC129) program
- commence your MC162 or GC129 program (face-to-face and not RMIT Online or OUA (Open Universities Australia)) in semester two, 2021
- have completed your undergraduate degree with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.7 or greater (out of a maximum of 4.0)*
- and be applying under at least of one or more of these criteria:
- be identifying as a woman and currently working in a leadership role
- be working in the health and wellbeing sector in one of the following areas:
- Products and services
- Innovation and technology
- Management and strategy
- be working in Environmental Social Governance (ESG) driven entrepreneurship and business
*This is only applicable for students applying for the EMBA program and scholarship.
The online application form will be made available here when applications open.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
You will need:
- a curriculum vitae, no more than two pages in length.
- a full copy of your undergraduate academic transcript detailing your grade point average
- a letter from your employer detailing your current role
- a written statement of no more than 2500 characters addressing how studying an EMBA will assist you with your leadership and career aspirations
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s terms and conditions.
In addition, as the holder of this scholarship you must:
- enrol in the EMBA face-to-face (Melbourne) program at RMIT University, not study online
- commence your study in semester two, 2021 (this scholarship cannot be deferred beyond commencement in semester two 2021)
- maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 throughout your enrolment
- enrol either full or part-time and not enrol in another program concurrently
- pay full fees for any course that you have to repeat or that you take in addition to the program requirements
- help promote the EMBA program at RMIT if asked.
The selection of candidates will be assessed on:
- academic excellence
- leadership outcomes from the EMBA.
If, after shortlisting applicants, an insufficient number of high calibre candidates are identified, the Graduate School of Business and Law reserves the right to not award all/some scholarships for 2021.
Quotes from current recipients:
"RMIT's Executive MBA is extremely applicable in my professional work because it is so practice oriented. The practicality of the studies, the mixed learning modes, the course materials, the real-world examples and case studies of effective leaders has meant that I am able to apply my learnings in my professional work."
"Some of the most useful, interesting learnings I gain in my EMBA come from working with, and observing and participating with my colleagues in action. It is wonderful to be exposed to collaboration opportunities with a wide range of experienced professionals from diverse personal and professional backgrounds. I find there is a high level of enthusiasm and commitment amongst colleagues, which makes it a delight to work with and learn together in this energised environment."
"The scholarship has allowed me to focus more entirely on my studies without the concern of the cost of it. It means I can stay true to my values in the non-profit health sector without a financial burden. It has been absolutely critical in being able to maintain studies and positive living arrangements, especially in COVID lockdown. I have not had to worry about my finances through all of this time, or increase debt. I'm not sure there is anything, short of lottery, that could have facilitated my studies as much as this scholarship has. I am so proud to be a recipient and I'm so proud of my results so far."
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.