George Alexander Foundation Scholarship
For bachelor degree students with academic ability, leadership potential, and a passion for community involvement
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 at RMIT in a bachelor degree in 2021
- have completed one year of your program
- have at least two years full-time study remaining*
- be able to demonstrate academic merit
- show initiative and commitment in your academic or personal life
- be active in your community (i.e. volunteer work, university clubs and committees, student leadership or sporting teams)**
- demonstrate leadership potential
- not have completed the same level of program or higher, e.g. if you are studying a Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management), you should not have previously completed another bachelor degree.
* Bachelor of Architectural Design (BP250) students who are going into their third year of full-time study and directly into the Master of Architecture (MC163) the following year are eligible to apply (if all other eligibility criteria are met).
**Due to the impact of COVID-19, community involvement prior to March 2020 will also be considered. If you have been involved in the community during COVID-19 (e.g. online volunteering) you may also discuss this in your application.
Postgraduate students are ineligible to apply.
Complete the online application form by the application due date.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will need:
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic, dated no more than three months ago
- Your two-year plan, no more than one page in length, outlining how you will continue to develop your skills and work over the duration of your scholarship. Please use the template provided here to write your two year plan
- Your curriculum vitae, no more than two pages in length
- One letter of recommendation from an organisation external to RMIT to support your statements regarding your community participation dated no more than twelve months ago
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- Describe your academic performance or equivalent industry experience; in particular discuss any achievements or significant academic results?
- Describe your more recent involvement in community activities, including number of hours per week and main responsibilities (e.g. volunteering, club memberships).
- Describe how you have shown leadership potential in your working and personal life.
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2021. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2021, your application has been unsuccessful.