Indigenous Graduate Business Scholarship
For Indigenous students commencing the EMBA, MBA or graduate certificate in business administration; worth up to $5000 per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be an Australian citizen
- be commencing at RMIT Melbourne City Campus in semester 1 2021 in a postgraduate by coursework program in the School of Graduate Business*
- be enrolled in a program with a duration of at least one semester of full-time study
- demonstrate a commitment to Indigenous issues
- be passionate about your study and future career
- not have previously completed the same level or program or higher
- be registered with the Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and provide proof of your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent in your application.
*The scholarship does not include programs through RMIT Online or via Open Universities Australia (OUA).
The online application form will be made available here when applications open. Late or partial applications will not be accepted.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will also need to provide your confirmation of Aboriginality in the scholarship application form by attaching:
1. a letter stamped with the common seal and signed by board members of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Land Council or cooperative
2. a letter stamped with the common seal and signed by a delegate of an incorporated Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander organisation or cooperative.
Please visit the Ngarara Willim Centre website for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss your commitment to Indigenous issues.
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.