John Storey Junior Scholarship in Mechanical Engineering
For Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) students in their second year or above who can demonstrate outstanding academic achievement; worth up to $8000
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a Permanent Humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled in the standard semester 1 and 2 of your second year or above of a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) in 2022
- hold a GPA to date of 2.8 or higher
- be able to demonstrate a passion for studying and working in the mechanical engineering industry
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
Complete the online application form by the application close date. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be contacted to answer further application questions. Please check the email address you nominate in your scholarship application form at least twice per week. The questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
The John Storey Junior Memorial Scholarships Program was created by Sir John Storey, who left a sizable gift to RMIT in his will. The program commemorates the life of his son, John Storey Junior, who developed leukaemia and died in 1947, aged just 22.
In the 1940s, John Storey Junior was an active Mechanical Engineering student at RMIT who helped found the Student Representative Council, acted as its first President, and lobbied for the establishment of a central library.
The John Storey Junior Memorial Scholarship has transformed the lives of over 600 students. It provides assistance to students to study overseas and expand their horizons, allowing them to develop a truly global perspective.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.