Applying to RMIT is easy. This information will help you complete your direct application.
Check your eligibility
If you have not already applied through VTAC you may be eligible to apply directly to RMIT. You can check whether your program accepts direct applications by reading the 'apply' information in the program description.
You can apply
- an Australian citizen
- a New Zealand citizen
- a permanent resident of Australia
- the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- an asylum seeker*, or
- a non-resident of Australia wishing to apply for a distance education (off campus) program.
*please contact Info Corner for information about how to apply as an asylum seeker.
If you hold international citizenship, you must apply as an international applicant. Please contact Info Corner for more information.
Completing your direct application
Register to begin your application.
You may save your application at any time and return to it later.
The application system will prompt you for the following information at each stage of the process.
- Stage 1 - Complete your personal details.
- Stage 2 - Choose your program (you can select up to five programs in order of preference).
- Stage 3 - Enter details of your education.
- Stage 4 - Enter details of your work experience.
- Stage 5 - Upload any required supporting documentation.